Due to the Coronavirus emergency we are unable to meet in groups at the church or in our homes. The priority is to stay safe whilst taking care of our family, friends and neighbours through the challenging weeks of the ‘social distancing’.
You can find us now on FaceBook. We will be posting useful links to the latest practical advice and providing online places where people can continue to relate and support each other.
Our Activities Normally Include:
- Alpha Courses – When the Alpha Course is running, it usually takes place on a Tuesday Evening.
- Prayer meetings – first Wednesday of every month, 8pm.
- Cell groups – meet each week, throughout the week.
- Sunshine Parent and Toddler Group, every Wednesdays during term time, 10.00am – 11.30am, for all preschool children and their parents / family carers.
- Women’s Prayer Breakfast – first Saturday of every month, 9.30-11.30, enjoying breakfast, fellowship, prayer and expressing Christian spirituality in creative forms.
- Men’s Breakfast – currently in abeyance.
- Connect – a group aimed at supporting those who have been bereaved – whether recently or many years ago. Meets on the first Tuesday of the month in the church lounge, 10am – 11.30pm.
- Soul Seasons – run by the Furzedown Churches, three times a year (February, June & October), an evening of good music, good food, with good friends sharing the good news.
- Holiday at Home – run by the Furzedown Churches at MLBC each summer. A week of special activities, crafts, talks, exercise, café etc for those belonging to the third age.
- Furzedown Big Day Out – on the third Saturday in June each year. Come and find the Furzedown Churches stall, with all sorts of fun activities and opportunities to hear the good news.
- Moyser Rd Christmas Market – held by the local community each year a couple of weeks before Christmas. Again the Furzedown Churches have a stall with different goodies to give away sharing the real meaning of Christmas.